Entries will open May 3rd!
This year, NRWA is bringing back the photo contest, Rural Water on Display. We would love to recognize some of our incredible members of the Rural Water Family for their high-quality photography! The top 15 (5 per category) photos will be chosen by the photo contest committee to compete for the Grand Overall, which will be voted on by WaterPro attendees at the conference. We want your best depictions of Rural Water. Photos should be relevant to the following categories:
- Tanks & Towers – (e.g. photos of tanks or water towers)
- Water in Rural America – (e.g. rural landscapes, people, waterplay)
- Waterworks – (e.g. utilities at work, infrastructure, Rural Water people)
Prizes will be provided by the sponsor and will include gift cards to purchase photography equipment and will be announced at a later date!
- Please submit a file no smaller than 300 PPI.
- Photos will be reproduced and displayed as a 20” x 24” image. Previously published material for which non-exclusive rights were granted may be entered as long as you still maintain the right to grant us a license. You must be able to disclose when and where the photo appeared previously.
- If you choose to include people in your submission, you are responsible for obtaining the necessary releases from the individuals depicted, and must be able to provide copies of those releases to WaterPro Conference management upon request.
- Entries must be original, digital files; color or black and white is acceptable — so long as they are submitted in a .jpg, or.png form.
- Photos that have been digitally altered beyond standard optimization (cropping, reasonable adjustments to exposure, color and contrast, etc.) will be disqualified.
- The panel will evaluate all valid entries and choose photos from each category which will move onto the finals to be held at the WaterPro Conference 2021, in Milwaukee, Wisconsin. Entrants need not be present to win, but if you are attending the WaterPro Conference please note this on your entry form.
- Each contestant may submit ONE (1) photo for EACH category, with a maximum of THREE (3) photos per contestant.
- By entering this contest, the entrant gives NRWA the right to use this photo at their discretion in NRWA publications and digital media promotions.